overland

Kid Friendly Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Pphylo

Trail Grom
Okay, it just kills me that this section has remained empty for so long. So, here goes with the first post. This is a super easy, totally tasty, and fun campfire dessert where kids can make their own.

Ingredients:
  • Square piece of aluminum foil
  • Can of Pineapple Rings
  • Maraschino Cherries
  • Brown Sugar
  • Butter (optional?)
  • Plain Cake Donuts (cut in half horizontally to make rings like the pineapple)
Recipe:
  • Place a pineapple ring on a square of aluminum foil
  • Put a maraschino cherry in the hole of the pineapple ring
  • Put some brown sugar on top of the pineapple ring
  • Place a cut donut, cut side down, onto the pineapple ring (you can butter the donut because butter makes it better)
  • Pull up the corners of the foil, twist closed, and place on the coals for 5 minutes or so
Enjoy!

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Okay, it just kills me that this section has remained empty for so long. So, here goes with the first post. This is a super easy, totally tasty, and fun campfire dessert where kids can make their own.

Ingredients:
  • Square piece of aluminum foil
  • Can of Pineapple Rings
  • Maraschino Cherries
  • Brown Sugar
  • Butter (optional?)
  • Plain Cake Donuts (cut in half horizontally to make rings like the pineapple)
Recipe:
  • Place a pineapple ring on a square of aluminum foil
  • Put a maraschino cherry in the hole of the pineapple ring
  • Put some brown sugar on top of the pineapple ring
  • Place a cut donut, cut side down, onto the pineapple ring (you can butter the donut because butter makes it better)
  • Pull up the corners of the foil, twist closed, and place on the coals for 5 minutes or so
Enjoy!

Awesome! I'll have to nudge some of our friends to start posting stuff, but I have a feeling this is just one of many camp recipes you have! ;)