overland

**New Member Introduction**

jeepingadventure

Trail Grom
Hi everyone! I just came across this website, and I joined. I am brand new to the overlanding scene and hoping to get as much information as possible. I'm located in Oregon and would like to start off with some easy trails you could do in a weekend. Just to get the hang of it. Please share your favorite trails with me and what all I might need to get started. Thank you for ANY information you wish to share.

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Keep an eye out... we've got a new route under developing in the 3 Sisters / Bend area coming soon :)

Aaron

Trail Grom
Keep an eye out... we've got a new route under developing in the 3 Sisters / Bend area coming soon :)
That sounds great! Hopefully it will post by the first week of June, as my wife and I are going to be in the area for a couple of weeks and I would love to get out and explore the Sisters!

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
That sounds great! Hopefully it will post by the first week of June, as my wife and I are going to be in the area for a couple of weeks and I would love to get out and explore the Sisters!

Should be posted up in May!

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Hi everyone! I just came across this website, and I joined. I am brand new to the overlanding scene and hoping to get as much information as possible. I'm located in Oregon and would like to start off with some easy trails you could do in a weekend. Just to get the hang of it. Please share your favorite trails with me and what all I might need to get started. Thank you for ANY information you wish to share.

We've got a few routes just south of the Oregon border, perfect for beginners. We just finished our top 5 Overland Routes for beginners in CA, which has posted to our youtube channel (see below).

Some of the other stuff I'd recommend in my neck of the woods (NorCal), that are perfect for beginners >>

- Shasta-Trinity BDT
- Lost Coast 4x4 Trail
- Lassen BDT
- Modoc BDT
- Plumas BDT
- Mendocino BDT
- Six Rivers BDT (be prepared for 60-70% pavement though)

Rfeustel

Trail Grom
Hi All, we just subscribed. The Anza Borrego Discovery Trail post caught our eye after having just returned from there, Ocotillo, Superstition, and JT. Looking forward to earning some badges! We live in Redwood City and have a modified F250 and (very soon) a Bronco.

LXPanda

Trail Grom
Hello OTG,
My name is Rod, I'm a retired Navy/Marine Corps Corpsman and now working as a nurse for Contra Costa County. My love for Landcruisers and overlanding began when I deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11 and later in Iraq. Today, overlanding is my reset button whenever I need to be at peace with myself as I continue to heal the unseen wounds I sustained from these conflicts. My rig might look familiar to some folks here and yes, you guessed it, it is Ben's former vehicle. As soon as Ben put out a feeler, I jumped on the opportunity and PM'd him. So, I'm basically continuing what Ben had started and I've made a few mods, since acquiring the LX. I'm proud to be here and I look forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_090944_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_090944_Gallery.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221230_091434_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_091434_Gallery.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221230_091203_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_091203_Gallery.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221230_091010_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_091010_Gallery.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230118_214620_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118_214620_Gallery.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 3

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Hello OTG,
My name is Rod, I'm a retired Navy/Marine Corps Corpsman and now working as a nurse for Contra Costa County. My love for Landcruisers and overlanding began when I deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11 and later in Iraq. Today, overlanding is my reset button whenever I need to be at peace with myself as I continue to heal the unseen wounds I sustained from these conflicts. My rig might look familiar to some folks here and yes, you guessed it, it is Ben's former vehicle. As soon as Ben put out a feeler, I jumped on the opportunity and PM'd him. So, I'm basically continuing what Ben had started and I've made a few mods, since acquiring the LX. I'm proud to be here and I look forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

I recognize the rig!! Really looks great, especially with the matching rear dissent bumper. Overlanding, and getting away from it all is certainly a form of therapy for many of us, and my hope is that these adventures can help folks find peace and balance in their lives :)

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Hi All, we just subscribed. The Anza Borrego Discovery Trail post caught our eye after having just returned from there, Ocotillo, Superstition, and JT. Looking forward to earning some badges! We live in Redwood City and have a modified F250 and (very soon) a Bronco.

You'll have to share some photos in the trip reports section ;)