overland

My Sprinter

Todtan

Trail Grom
Yep, a long day of bumpy slow roads for the wife and kiddos...still had a great time though.

Gvb40

Weekend Warrior
When I first started going to the Swell, about 1978, there were no signs, no designated camping spots, up on the Wedge Overlook itbws a wide open plateau where you could just park anywhere. Sad to see it now but it’s still a great place. I’m starting to like it better over on the south side of Hwy 70, although there are still some overlooks that are not crowded.
Moab is going to be a few trails I’ve never been on but look pretty cool. Onion Creek and Chicken Corners..and it’s always fun to sit for half an hour in the middle of a traffic jam of faux Jeeps in downtown Moab.

Todtan

Trail Grom
Onion Creek is beautiful! Chicken Corners is also super fun. I was just on Hurrah Pass in mid March and they had graded the road and it looked like they continued down Chicken Corners so it was much more rocky and loose than normal but not as many ledges. Should be a good time either way.

And yes, the Swell sees way more use over the years but still WAY less than the more popular zones in Southern Utah. Last Labor Day weekend we had the Wedge and Lonesome Beaver campgrounds to ourselves...crazy!

Gvb40

Weekend Warrior
Onion Creek is beautiful! Chicken Corners is also super fun. I was just on Hurrah Pass in mid March and they had graded the road and it looked like they continued down Chicken Corners so it was much more rocky and loose than normal but not as many ledges. Should be a good time either way.

And yes, the Swell sees way more use over the years but still WAY less than the more popular zones in Southern Utah. Last Labor Day weekend we had the Wedge and Lonesome Beaver campgrounds to ourselves...crazy!
Are you driving a Sprintet?

Todtan

Trail Grom
Fixit #1.jpg
Fixit pass last fall. It is no longer 'fixed' as it was before the storms last August!

Gvb40

Weekend Warrior
So glad to see not another Winnebago Revel.
we need to meet up. I’ll be in Colorado for most of August and Sept. tenkara fishing small streams

Halosz_y-1073

Trail Grom
Had it for three years. 32,000 mi. Still trying to push it’s Offroad capabilities. Just back from the San Rafael Swell where I did some of the trails on this app.

View attachment 84 View attachment 85
Hey there! We are exploring with some otehr adventurers next month. We push the offroad capabilities as well. Which trail did you do, not do, and advice on Fuller Bottom? Also, thinking we cant complete Black Dragon on account of clearance? What are your thoughts?

Gvb40

Weekend Warrior
Hey there! We are exploring with some otehr adventurers next month. We push the offroad capabilities as well. Which trail did you do, not do, and advice on Fuller Bottom? Also, thinking we cant complete Black Dragon on account of clearance? What are your thoughts?
No on Black Dragon. I got as far in as the Pictographs and decided that discretion was the better part of valor.

Gvb40

Weekend Warrior
Well! It’s almost May a year later and I’m heading out to the “Swell” again for my yearly fix. Anyone from Not Cal with a Sprinter interested in joining me?