overland

Recent content by aarencob-738

1. A

Lost Coast - 6/20/22-6/23/22

Ah, got it, yeah we saw a bunch of tire tracks there and no signs, so we thought it would be okay to camp there. Thanks for the clarification.
  2. A

So, to be clear, where we parked on Usal Beach is not allowed? It’s really tough to know that, there aren’t any signs anywhere to indicate one way or the other. Not that it makes it okay, but there were tons of other vehicles in that same sand area.
  3. A

Seems like Lost Coast was very popular in June. Thought I'd share my experience as well. This was my very first overlanding trip and Lost Coast looked like an awesome first trip and relatively easy from a technical perspective. I took my daughters with me. I was in my 05 GMC Yukon and my friend...
  4. A

Death Valley - Easy Route

I'm planning to do the Death Valley Adventure Route (Easy Version) in November. I'm hoping by then the roads that are currently closed due to the storm will be clear. I'd appreciate some feedback on if I have enough time to do some sightseeing between each camp site. Even graded dirt roads can...
  5. A

Northern California Overland Advice (Lost Coast+Mendocino)

Hi Ben - I'm getting ready to do the Lost Coast Route starting Thursday morning (heading up from Fresno CA). Day 2 we're staying at Mattole Beach and then I'm going to switch to route #2 to head through Mattole road into Humboldt Redwoods SP. The state park campgrounds are full at Albee and...