overland

Recent content by All-Terrain Family

1. A

2WD Accessible Owens Valley to Joshua tree

We're renting a 2wd Class B RV for Spring Break. Heading south from Reno through Owen's Valley towards Joshua tree. What are some good 2wd accessible places down there? On the list Manzanar Trona Pinnacles Rainbow Basin Devil's Punchbowl What else would your recommend? Thanks, -M
  2. A

Custom 1998 4Runner CAMPER

This is not my vehicle, but it's really cool and I made this video to showcase it. It's going to have a fairly limited appeal, but for the right buyer, it'll be perfect. BUY THIS CAMPER: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/... EXPEDITION PORTAL ARTICLE: https://expeditionportal.com/overland...
  3. A

Trail Run: Death Valley| Nov 20 - 24

Henderson’s are home! Good time! Great meeting you all! -M
  4. A

OK, I got all the stuff done and will be ready! We're going to head down to Beatty Saturday and Camp near Rhyolite, unless I get coords for where the group is camping and we can make it there. Otherwise we'll meet up in Beatty when you fuel up, or along the route Sunday (Beatty, Rhyolite...
  5. A

I don't know why they were all turning through that first drop. That made is sketchy. I don't think it's any worse than when we did it. They didn't really even scrape trailer hitches. -M
  6. A

Here's what it looked like 5 years ago: -M
  7. A

Ok. More than likely we'll meet up on the route Sunday. Is spot just like a regular txt message then? Sorry, I have no clue how those things work. -M
  8. A

Fossil Falls is a good place to camp. And there's a cool hike there with a fun cave:
  9. A

I don't have either of those. We could probably meet at your night one camp. I have GMRS and Ham radio. -M
  10. A

Just found out my wife bought tickets to the polar express training Virginia city the 19th, so we won't be able to leave until the 20th so we'll probably catch up on day 2 outside of Beatty at Titus. On the plus side, I think I can get out of having to go on the polar express train ride cause...
  11. A

Where are you guys camping the 19th? Are you taking the south route via Tehachapi?
  12. A

It's still a lot. Another option that allows for more time out of the vehicles: Beatty - Titus - Ubehebe - Eureka - CAMP Dunes - Dececkera - Steele - Marble Bath - Saline - CAMP Saline Valley - Grapevine - Hunter Mountain - Teakettle - Homestake CAMP Lippencott - Cerro Gordo - HOME
  13. A

The route seems ambitious. For reference, we did Beatty to Titus to Ubehebe to Racetrack in one day and it was a long day. We stopped at Leadville, Ubehebe and along the road to Racetrack. The ambitious part is doing southern park and northern park in the same trip. But then most of that...
  14. A

Better to start in Beatty since Titus is one way. -M