overland

Recent content by sailorgriz

1. S

Bruneau River Wilderness, Stage One

My RTT showed up so I mounted it on the Blazer and loaded up my camping gear. I've been taking the Blazer out into both the local desert and mountains on one day trips to try and decide if I trust it for more extensive Adventures. After my recent fully loaded trip along the east side of the...
  2. S

Simple. Fast. But Simple.

Chicken/Noodle/Vegetable Soup When I think about "camp recipes" to post I tend to think about somewhat fancy, elegant, generally time consuming, ideas. They don't have to be any of those--it's just that most people don't bother posting the Simple, Fast, Simple stuff. Here's a place for those...
  3. S

***New Member Introductions***

Wine in real wineglasses. In the Great Outdoors! That's MY kind of roughing it. :)
  4. S

The First of many Adventures in Southern Idaho--and beyond!

Honestly, I'm kind of embarrassed to even report on our trip this week. We had hoped to have our RTT, follow the South Fork of the Boise for 60 miles, or so, spend the evening fishing, the night in our new tent, and then drive home having completed a successful shake down cruise. Alas, the RTT...
  5. S

***New Member Introductions***

The Griz here. My mom calls me Bill. My senior English teach called me WILLIAM! (I'm sure she had a reason . . . !). But now I mostly go by Griz. My wife and I have been camping, hunting, fishing, exploring, forever. We now find ourselves in a Life Situation where we can leave the house...