overland

Recent content by Walnut

1. W

Mendonesia Campout (NorCal) Apr 13-16

Jay had a blast with all the other kids as well. He wants to set up another trip soon!
  2. W

Mendonesia Campout (NorCal) Apr 13-16

That's me absolutely! My 6.5yo can usually pass out pretty quick and is a fairly heavy sleeper. Looking forward to seeing everyone. It's going to be a fun weekend.
  3. W

East Mojave Heritage Trail: Nov 19-23

Ben, I echo everyone's comments. Thanks for a fantastic trip. Lifelong memories for sure, and quality father/son bonding time. Too bad we had to cut our trip short, but made for fun stories. Glad everyone made it home safe. Couple pictures from the trip:
  4. W

Hey Everyone, Here are some details for those coming Friday Night: ETA: 3 - 4pm Coordinates: 35.12613, -116.15371 I'll find enough room for at least 4 rigs Description: White GMC Sierra, with blue military trailer Look for the blue lights (see picture) I'll bring as much firewood as...
  5. W

Great info, Chief. Ben I saw that site too. Looks solid. I assume people would prefer to get closer to Primm so the morning drive is shorter?
  6. W

Thanks for sharing the camp locations, Ben! My son (6) and I are aiming to be down in that area around 3 or 4pm and will try to grab a spot at Baker Burn if anyone wants to join. I have a white GMC with a blue military trailer with the tent on top. I will try to post any updates here on Friday.
  7. W

@OTG Ben when you have the final route, will there be a file we can upload into Gaia?
  8. W

I’m with you. I’m used to trips with 3-5 rigs and maybe 10 people. That’s doable for sure. 30 is a different level. With that said, I certainly don’t mind sharing food once we are out there.
  9. W

@OTG Ben do we know roughly how many people are scheduled to come? Curious how food is usually handled. Are we all on our own or do you ever do shared meals?
  10. W

***New Member Introductions***

Howdy everyone! I'm Jack and live outside Sacramento. My son and I took our first disbursed camping trip in Jan 2020 which exposed us to this hobby. The first trip I did was the Lost Coast all thanks to OTG. I recently picked up a '22 GMC Sierra and am in the early stages of outfitting it...
  11. W

Thanks for setting this up, Ben. The boy and I are looking forward to the trip!