overland

Search results

1. K

Death Valley Conditions?

Yep, I've had the permit for a while now. The White Rim permit is especially hard to get these days. BTW, in 2006, I visited all 3 sections of Canyonlands. It was a phenomenal trip. Back then, getting a permit was no problem.
  2. K

Death Valley Conditions?

Sounds like it would be worth holding off and doing a trip around Thanksgiving, the roads should be in better shape by then. I have enough adventures coming up soon that I can hold off for a while going for Death Valley. My wife and I are going to do some canoeing in Florida in early April, then...
  3. K

Death Valley Conditions?

Thanks Ben, That's the first place I looked, but it's a bit vague. The yellow colored roads are open, but at the same time they say travel is not recommended. That's not very helpful. I guess I should just call and talk to someone there. My experience this national parks though is they are...
  4. K

Death Valley Conditions?

After my first visit to death valley in March of 2022, I started planning a return trip. I had hopes of doing the Racetrack and Lippencott Road. With the recent storms, there was extensive damage to the roads a few months ago. The Death Valley NP website showed those roads (racetrack and...
  5. K

San Rafael Swell Trip Sept 2022

I don't have many photos since I was mainly doing video, but here are some stills from the drone... This is our campsite at the Wedge. The view from the campsite. This is the view from upper valley at Temple Mtn. In the distance is the Robber's Roost area. Arial view of the Bentonite...
  6. K

San Rafael Swell Trip Sept 2022

My wife and I just got back from a great trip to the San Rafael Swell. We live just 140 miles from the Swell and have been there many times over the years. It has been a while since our last trip, so it was time to get there again. We did a 4 night trip in our Jeep and little DIY adventure...
  7. K

Engineer Pass and Imogene Pass Difficulty

We just got back from our trip to Colorado. It was spectacular of course. We drove Corkscrew Gulch over to Animas Forks and then up to Engineer Pass and back to Animas Forks. From there we went back to Ouray via Silverton. We also visited the Red Mountain Mining District a couple days later. It...
  8. K

Thanks Troy for the update. That’s really good to hear. I’m really looking forward to getting back there.
  9. K

It's been a while but I've done most of the trails in the Ouray, Silverton, Telluride area. The only trail I think I haven't done is Black Bear Pass. When I look at ratings for Engineer Pass and Imogene Pass I keep seeing reviews that say it's difficult and you need a pretty aggressive vehicle...
  10. K

Owyhee Canyonlands

My wife and I just got back from the Owyhee Canyonlands area. We didn't do the whole discovery route. It's just more driving than we are up to. Our first day of the trip we drove from Salt Lake City to Nampa ID and stayed at the Super8 Motel. They are friendly and allow dogs and the room served...
  11. K

Gold Butte Adventure Route

My wife and I just went to Gold Butte National Monument at the end of April. We didn't do the Valley of Fire portion of the adventure route on this trip. We actually did that back in February. Our route differed slightly. We started out at Riverside and drove south to G.B.N.M. We spent two...