overland

Search results

1. K

Death Valley Conditions?

After my first visit to death valley in March of 2022, I started planning a return trip. I had hopes of doing the Racetrack and Lippencott Road. With the recent storms, there was extensive damage to the roads a few months ago. The Death Valley NP website showed those roads (racetrack and...
  2. K

San Rafael Swell Trip Sept 2022

My wife and I just got back from a great trip to the San Rafael Swell. We live just 140 miles from the Swell and have been there many times over the years. It has been a while since our last trip, so it was time to get there again. We did a 4 night trip in our Jeep and little DIY adventure...
  3. K

Engineer Pass and Imogene Pass Difficulty

It's been a while but I've done most of the trails in the Ouray, Silverton, Telluride area. The only trail I think I haven't done is Black Bear Pass. When I look at ratings for Engineer Pass and Imogene Pass I keep seeing reviews that say it's difficult and you need a pretty aggressive vehicle...
  4. K

Owyhee Canyonlands

My wife and I just got back from the Owyhee Canyonlands area. We didn't do the whole discovery route. It's just more driving than we are up to. Our first day of the trip we drove from Salt Lake City to Nampa ID and stayed at the Super8 Motel. They are friendly and allow dogs and the room served...
  5. K

Gold Butte Adventure Route

My wife and I just went to Gold Butte National Monument at the end of April. We didn't do the Valley of Fire portion of the adventure route on this trip. We actually did that back in February. Our route differed slightly. We started out at Riverside and drove south to G.B.N.M. We spent two...