overland

Good Utah/Arizona routes for off road trailer

4runningfool

Trail Grom
Does anyone have any suggestions for Utah/Arizona off road trailer friendly routes in early November? The trailer is a Boreas XT with 19 inches of clearance.

Mutt Wagon

Weekend Warrior
I’ve done a few of the southern sections of the AZ back country route, but as it’s setup for two wheels, it’s not technical. I’ve also run a few trails in Moab in the spring. Not the same time of year, maybe similar weather at the moment? Devil’s racetrack in the San Rafael Swell was one. I’ve done a few two day long trails in Moab, but the names escape me. Been a number of years. All was done towing a M416 with a OzTrail tent setup. All told with water approx 1700lbs. Tow rig being a stock 80 series on skinny 32’s. Hopefully gives you an idea?

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Does anyone have any suggestions for Utah/Arizona off road trailer friendly routes in early November? The trailer is a Boreas XT with 19 inches of clearance.

Definitely avoid our canyonlands route! But most of the other routes we have in Utah can be done in a trailer, if you don't mind some bumps along the way. I'd pay closer attention to the peak technical rating of each trail, and that should give you a sense if you're comfortable doing it. Probably don't need to say this, but I'd probably avoid anything that's an out and back as well. Another area you might consider checking out is our Gold Butte Adventure Route outside of Vegas. It has a very red rock southern Utah feel to it!