overland

High quality cookware

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
I'm looking to upgraded my camp cookware. My two primary needs are longevity, and ease of cleaning. I don't have a problem paying a premium for a product that meets these two objectives. I've heard good things about the jet boil stuff, wondering what everyone else is using.

camtnbiker

Staff member
I use both the basic Jet Boil and the Jet Boil Genesis. I use the Jet Boil for boiling water/making coffee etc, it is QUICK and easy to use. For real cooking purposes I LOVE the Genesis. It is compact to use and is completely self contained. It has a Frying pan and a Boiling pot. Both are awesome to use and easy to clean. ( Cleaning is important.) The Genesis Unit is very compact and stores quickly and easily. I was given the Genesis as a Father's day gift 2 years ago and contemplated returning it, it is quite expensive and I was happy with my old Coleman stove. My wife convinced me to keep the Genesis and I am so glad I did.
Much of what you want will be dictated by what you want to cook. If you are happy with boiling water and pouring it into a bag of pre made "Slurp" then you will not need a Genesis. If you feel like boling rice and making a nice stir fry/or BOIL water for pasta at elevation/need some reliable high heat then the Genesis will be your call in my opinion.

Here is my setup making breakfast.

DSC00589.jpg

rckjnke

Trail Grom
Thats what I use as well, and love it. What brand toast grill are you using?

Vipprotector

Trail Grom
I’m partial to Camp Chef Everest. Won stove of the year like 5 times. And now you can get a griddle top etc.
I have also become fond of the Skottle.