overland

Joshua Tree

marinebikes

Trail Grom
You should be fine driving all of the dirt tracks within the National Park. However, you'll see that we've recommended a high clearance 4x4 for this route (we're generally talking about a 2+ " lift), for some of the trails in the southern end of the route like Berdoo Canyon. An expert driver can likely handle those in a stock 4x4, but if that's not you, it's possible you may sustain damage driving Berdoo Canyon or Pinkham canyon. You can certainly give it a shot, but your best bet is to probably cut across Pinto Canyon Road skipping these two trails.

This is the area to skip:

1635217171049.png

2point5Seconds

Trail Grom
Sorry if this is late.

I agree with marinebikes. I went to Joshua tree before Summer. If this is the remote trail in Joshua Tree on the south end, it needs something raised. Think it's called Geology Tour Road. I have a Tundra with a 3" lift and 35" tires, so I was able to make it. And there really isn't anyone down in that area. Everyone is in the popular areas. While we were down there, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a trail of a dark liquid behind us. I thought I high ended a rock. Pulled over and nothing. So relieved. So, I guess it was someone before us that hit a rock sticking out of the ground. (ended up going back and seeing where the leak began). Also, this trail is one way, so make sure to follow the signs when you get to the 'loop' part.

Also did Old Dale Road. I really recommend a lifted vehicle for that one. The closer I got to Joshua Tree coming out of the mountains, the more the road got rough. Really rough. It was a good day trip though.