overland

New Idria 4 day camping and 4 wheeling trip May 11-14

rlamisha-7859

Trail Grom
May 11-14 (new dates), New Idria. This is a historic route with lots of mines and points of interest. Situated roughly between US 5 and 101 about as far north as Fresno, it is an easy to moderate trip. This part of central California is very pretty country with lots of rolling hills, mines, old buildings abd hopefully spring flowers. Some permits will be required with about $20 in park and State entry and use fees. I’ll send those who RSVP links to get all the permits out of the way but OTG's Adventure Route article will give you lots of great information.

May 11-14 are new dates, the original trip was postponed due to bad weather and road closures.

For a good overview, description, map and video of the proposed route and for things to see check out the OTG "New Idria Adventure Route" wright-up, (https://www.overlandtrailguides.com/post/new-idria-adventure-route).

Last edited:

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
April 2-4, New Idria. This is roughly between US 5 and 101 about as far north as Fresno. It is an easy to moderate trip. Should be very pretty country side with lots of rolling hills, mines, old buildings, etc. Some permits will be required with about $20 in park and State entry and use fees. I’ll send those who RSVP links to get all the permits out of the way,

I would suggest using a different subject line if you are looking to attract people to a Trail Run type of event. Also, my understanding is that you cannot currently travel thru Clear Creek Management Area as there is a slide preventing passage on the main route.