overland

Trail Run: Death Valley| Nov 20 - 24

Sean Bonick

Weekend Warrior
It's a pop up, I haven't received the torque lift tie downs as yet. But I did put the camper on the truck. So as to gain access to the m416 trailer for this weeks run.

nckwltn

Weekend Warrior
Where are we all meeting up Friday for camping???
I'm going to be coming in late 9-10pm. I plan on camping at Tuttle Creek just outside of Lone Pine/Alabama Hills. Primarily to get breakfast in the AM in Lone Pine.

I think several others are going to try for Fossil Falls, which is south of the meet-up spot.

CAchief

Weekend Warrior
I'm wondering if Dedeckera Canyon is
rougher than usual? Came across these two recent videos:

Judging from how loose it is at the top of that obstacle, I don't think my breakover angle will allow me to get up it even with a rear locker. Hoping someone has a winch.

I'll have the fam get out of the rig for that section!

@nckwltn any word from Cerro Gordo?

We're packed and ready.. See you guys soon!

nckwltn

Weekend Warrior

Judging from how loose it is at the top of that obstacle, I don't think my breakover angle will allow me to get up it even with a rear locker. Hoping someone has a winch.

I don't think it looks more rough than usual. However, it does look like more of a step in that tan Jeep than what I recall... but the wide angle of the camera hides things.

There are usually good number of rocks there to stack up... I'm pretty confident we will be ok

nckwltn

Weekend Warrior
I don't think it looks more rough than usual. However, it does look like more of a step in that tan Jeep than what I recall... but the wide angle of the camera hides things.
There are usually good number of rocks there to stack up... I'm pretty confident we will be ok

After watching a few of these guys come though: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1z9egOCS-c6YgtL4nObLQw

and reading recent reports: https://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/steele-pass-6700264

I'm going to retract some of my confidence (but not all) :)

nckwltn

Weekend Warrior
This YT page has video of a power wagon going each way recently. These look like pretty good lines. I think 2 and 3 are going to be the most challenging.

Step 2

Step 3

Sean Bonick

Weekend Warrior
Good morning campers, I have to reschedule this trip.
Too many things to do this week regarding our remodel.
Hope to see you all very soon

All-Terrain Family

Trail Grom

I'll have the fam get out of the rig for that section!

@nckwltn any word from Cerro Gordo?

We're packed and ready.. See you guys soon!
I don't know why they were all turning through that first drop. That made is sketchy. I don't think it's any worse than when we did it. They didn't really even scrape trailer hitches.

-M

All-Terrain Family

Trail Grom
OK, I got all the stuff done and will be ready!

We're going to head down to Beatty Saturday and Camp near Rhyolite, unless I get coords for where the group is camping and we can make it there. Otherwise we'll meet up in Beatty when you fuel up, or along the route Sunday (Beatty, Rhyolite, Titus Canyon, Ubehebe Crater, Eureka). If anyone can send coordinates, my number is 775-762-4058.

Eureka camping: If you go all the way around the back of the Dune there's more camping, closer to Dedeckera and less people.

We'll be in a Silver Tacoma with a weird trailer. Don't worry, the trailer can go anywhere the truck can go.

IMG_5169.JPG

Cheers! See you this weekend!

-M

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Heading out from the Bay Area within the hour-- camping at Fossil Falls campground tonight.

@All-Terrain Family I'm pretty sure we'll either be camping at hole in the wall (one of the waypoints on the map) or we'll end up by Rhyolite as well. Feel free to shoot me a text on the spot and I'll let you know where we are.