overland

Weboost?

2point5Seconds

Trail Grom
Does anyone have a Weboost? If so, would you recommend getting one? Wanted it for emergency purposes, but it doesn't create a signal, just boosts one if there's one available.

I know Garmin has their emergency Inreach communicator. Wonder if it better to get that and pay the service fee?

Weboost looks cooler...LOL

Thanks!

TJP

Trail Grom
I have the WeBoost OTR and it works well , but as you stated it needs a signal to grab , it will not make service out of thin air !! There are a few apps that will let you see towers in your locations.. There is another trick of putting your device in airplane mode and then taking it out of airplane mode that helps lock on to the Weboost.

2point5Seconds

Trail Grom
I ended up getting one. Will be installing it in a the next couple of weeks. I found ram mount for the external antenna. Did you hardwire yours to your battery or just use the given one?

christop-2554

Trail Grom
Does anyone have a Weboost? If so, would you recommend getting one? Wanted it for emergency purposes, but it doesn't create a signal, just boosts one if there's one available.

I know Garmin has their emergency Inreach communicator. Wonder if it better to get that and pay the service fee?

Weboost looks cooler...LOL

Thanks!
I rely on the Garmin inReach for emergency SOS and as a back-up offline navigation device. Since cellular is so slow for actually working, I put the WeBoost time/money/effort into a Starlink system which is faster even where there is cell service and infinitely faster where there is not. ;)