overland

Recent content by Flying_with_Falcor

1. F

Looking for Intel on Lassen BDT for mid July

That's cool! I got a little confused because those big puffy clouds on the sat map also look like snow! I was wondering why some low elevations looked completely buried LOL.
  2. F

I did a little more research and wanted to give a shout out to @OTG Ben for his article on Gaia overlays. I use these all the time, but had not selected the snow depth one. This helped clear up the confusion if there was snow and making sure I skirt all the previous wildfire areas. Big thanks...
  3. F

Each summer my kids and I take an epic back country trip. This year we get TWO. We already went to the Black Rock Desert which was fantastic and wild. Next on the radar is the Lassen BDT around July 18th. I KNOW a lot can change in a few weeks for the current snow conditions. Especially with...
  4. F

Black Rock Desert June 9-12 2023

@OTG Ben - I have sooo many! Here are a few of the ones before and after High Rock Canyon.
  5. F

Black Rock Desert June 9-12 2023

Good afternoon everyone! Fernley, NV is a great "second to last stop" before Gerlach. If you go into town, gas is cheap ($3.85) and food options are plentiful. Gerlach also has a working gas station and plenty of cell service. In fact, much of the Playa area has service incase you are...