overland

Recent content by Gary Lewis

1. Gary Lewis

Carson-Santa Fe BDT In October

Well, is it now October? :cool: Our trip didn't happen last autumn as my wife and I came down with COVID while on a cruise in September. Then winter hit and we'd planned to go overlanding in Arkansas but our son, who was to go with me on the trip, became ill. So here 'tis April and we are...
  2. Gary Lewis

Thanks! But I'm still not getting email notifications. I just happened to check here and saw your post.
  3. Gary Lewis

Thanks, Ben. I'm still exploring why I'm not getting email notifications and have ticked a couple more boxes so hopefully I will now. And in doing so I saw the notice "You recently requested to change your username to Gary Lewis and this is currently awaiting approval by a moderator." Any...
  4. Gary Lewis

Good point. I'm thinking we'll go at whatever pace we want and then take off on one of the blacktop highways when we run out of time. Still didn't get notified of your post.
  5. Gary Lewis

Thanks, Ben. We did Poughkeepsie Gulch, but not The Wall as we took the bypass. It was late in the day and no one else was there, so... Would you say we can do the whole of this route in 2 1/2 days? It looks like we'll get on the trail around 1:00 PM, so maybe two nights? Also, I didn't get...
  6. Gary Lewis

First off, let me introduce myself. I may not be doing it in the right place, and for that I apologize profusely. I run a forum for the 1980-86 Ford "Bullnose" trucks and can certainly understand the frustration y'all must feel if I'm posting in the wrong place. But when I tried to post in the...