overland

Recent content by joeray

1. joeray

Looking for collaborators: Lassen BDT / Trail Run / dates tbd

I've decided to keep my trips closer to home, so I'm permanently backing out of this conversation. I'll let Ed continue with this if that's what he wants to do. I've got the Owyhee canyonlands, the Oregon side of Hell's Canyon, and the northern two-thirds of the 2017 Oregon BDR in my sights. No...
  2. joeray

Welcome to the conversation! We'll see how the dates work out, but I'm not sure late summer would be a good idea. Northern California (or anywhere in the Pacific Northwest) is getting super fire prone these days, and the smoke is not something that any one would consider good weather. Stay...
  3. joeray

Yes, technically they call it a base camp event. He indicates it'll be in June, but not when in June, or exactly where the location will be.
  4. joeray

My preference is still to coordinate this with the Mount Shasta Roundup, but Ben has not set a date for that yet.
  5. joeray

Wow, sorry guys for not getting back to you sooner! I missed the notification from OTG that someone replied to the thread. And Ben, thanks for your input. Hopefully, I was planning on starting the trip after the Mount Shasta Roundup, since I'd already be down that direction from Bend. The snow...
  6. joeray

Let's discuss the possibilities here. I'd like to do the Lassen BDT this summer. My plan is to drive the route south to north. From there, I'm planning to burn some pavement north to drive the Modoc BDT, exploring the Warner Mtns and ending at Goose Lake on the OR/CA border. I'm in Bend, so I'll...
  7. joeray

Joshua Tree ADV Route: Feb 22-25

If you plan on doing more trail runs, get yourself a decent radio. I'd recommend the Wouxun KG-805G without hesitation. You can now get one on buytwowayradios.com for $80. including free shipping.
  8. joeray

Gold Butte Adventure Route: Nov 18-22

Ben, did you create an album on Google Photos for this trip? I'd love to see all the pics! -- Joe