overland

Recent content by LCPOWCREW

1. LCPOWCREW

Death Valley Route - End of May

Appreciate the input...trip was awesome. OTG's routes through Death Valley were perfect for the first time pulling a trailer. Spent the first night on Hualapai Mountain for some disbursed camping on BLM land in AZ. We headed to Death Valley the following morning and spent the second night at...
  2. LCPOWCREW

Have not tried Tenkara yet.
  3. LCPOWCREW

Great advice and I appreciate the idea about heading up 395 to some higher/cooler elevation. Thank you!
  4. LCPOWCREW

Off-road if at all possible. I will be in a land cruiser, towing a capable trailer that in theory should be able to go anywhere my LC can go. If there are any options for fly fishing along the way that would be a bonus.
  5. LCPOWCREW

Hello All - I am going to be heading from Lake Havasu back to SF Bay Area next week towing a new small off-road camping trailer. Was thinking I would take the Death Valley route on my way home. However…the temps are really getting up there already and wondering if anyone can recommend an...
  6. LCPOWCREW

***New Member Introductions***

Hello All - Aaron here from the town of Novato in the SF Bay Area. Born in Lake Tahoe (Truckee)…it is still one of my favorite places in the world. Currently driving a 200 Series Land Cruiser and previously had a GX, as well as a 100 Series. Now that my kids have better things to do than hang...
  7. LCPOWCREW

Beginner - southern california

Hi Ben - wondering how much lift would be needed on a Land Cruiser 200 series to be considered adequate for routes rated “high clearance 4x4”. I have AT (32.6") tires and rock sliders; however, not sure I want to lift it. You have put so many awesome trail guides out there and don’t want to...