overland

Recent content by schultzp-8939

1. schultzp-8939

Gold Butte Adventure Route: Nov 18-22

By the way, when we rolled through the area in July, Terrible Ivan's Fuel stop just outside Las Vegas (on the Vegas-bound side) had incredibly good fuel prices. Even diesel! I was tempted to fill every coffee cup we had just to take advantage of it.
  2. schultzp-8939

Gold Butte Adventure Route: Nov 18-22

We'll be there with the whole family, dog included. We're bringing the new rig, too. I don't think I'll have the new suspension installed (or even received) by trip time, but we'll muddle through. We haven't decided whether we can get out Friday and be at the meetup on Saturday morning or...
  3. schultzp-8939

Lets go to Baja!

I'm also excited about possibly doing Baja (finally!). However, we have to get our stupid passports renewed as they seem to have expired! I guess we haven't traveled much outside the country lately .... Geez! Always something.
  4. schultzp-8939

Lets go to Baja!

We also have Spring Break in the week from April 10-14 and are still looking to do something cool. Let me know if you want to do something --- we did your Escalante-Grand Staircase loop last Spring Break and enjoyed it immensely.
  5. schultzp-8939

East Mojave Heritage Trail: Nov 19-23

Hi Mike -- Cool mod. Looks good. Baja has been a bucket-list item for me. Have you been before? I'd love to head to Baja, but I'd like to go with a group where someone has been before. I think it would make the logistics a lot easier. I'm sure we'll talk. Take care.
  6. schultzp-8939

Hi Mike -- Sorry for the late reply (I normally get notifications when someone answers) -- I was hoping to get out this week (before the holidays). My wife took the kids to ski and I had extra time on my hands. Not sure if I have any time next week. Let me check it out. Happy Holidays to you and...
  7. schultzp-8939

Greeting all you happy people: I have some time next week as my wife will take the kids skiing. Does anyone want to head out on a trip next week, like Tuesday thru Friday or something like that?
  8. schultzp-8939

Under the heading "My Own Stupidity Knows No Bounds" --- remember my radio crapped out very early on the trip? Well, I "checked" the relay box. Turns out the little BRIGHT RED light in front of the fuse means "the damn fuse is blown". Who knew. On the switch panel inside the cab, a little red...
  9. schultzp-8939

I'm bringing Hanna (11), Kiefer(13) and probably my wife (Marilee) and maybe even the new dog (Oh, I hope not ...) 😀
  10. schultzp-8939

I find it challenging enough to cook enough volume for my family of 4 (of healthy eaters), given my stove and pot/pan repertoire and the table prep limitations. I can't even imagine cooking enough for 30 people out in the sticks ---- Sorry, this wouldn't be my first choice.
  11. schultzp-8939

Nice. See you all in about a month. We've done the Mojave Road before, and it'll be nice to explore some of the surrounding areas now.
  12. schultzp-8939

Trail Run: Black Rock Desert Adv Route Aug 10 - 15, 2022

Great pictures, Ben. Unfortunately I took very few pictures. I missed the first day with you guys, but I think that climb to the 1500 ft overlook is a MUST HAVE for your upcoming tour. I would consider it a definite highlight, especially if you went clockwise, included the upper section of the...
  13. schultzp-8939

Hi Ben -- cool. Thanks. My SMS number for my Zoleo is (201) 831-7903. -- Andreas
  14. schultzp-8939

Hi Ben -- since I'm coming early Friday morning, is there a good place to intercept you? Soldier Meadows and backtrack towards the Murder Site? Is there a shorter route to get to your Thursday night camp? ---- Andreas
  15. schultzp-8939

Trail Run: Death Valley| Nov 20 - 24

You can compare to our Four Wheel Camper Hawk. Maybe you have already in your research ....