overland

Recent content by twomanyhobbiesrod

1. T

Rimrocker in May

Got back from a fine time on the Rimrocker a couple weeks ago. Too much snow up on the divide to start at Montrose, so we unloaded the truck at Nucla. Three nights of camping from there to Moab. No other detours necessary, other than a couple miles of highway to bypass two snowmelt swollen river...
  2. T

Rimrocker Montrose, CO to Moab, UT

Thanks for the info Ben! There are also road closure reports on the Montrose county website. Will be doing some detouring around the east end of the trail too, it looks like. Computer won't recognize my old Garmin anymore - looks like we won't be downloading any files for this trip. Paper maps...
  3. T

***New Member Introductions***

Hi Tyler, Rod here from western Wisconsin. I've been wanting to spend some time exploring off road in Ontario. I've done some canoeing (Quetico Park & White Otter wilderness) up there, as well as a few motorcycle trips across the province. Beautiful country! I've tried to do some research on...
  4. T

Rimrocker Montrose, CO to Moab, UT

Looks like great fun! A few friends and I are planning a mid-May trip along the Rimrocker. I'm guessing some places may still be snowed in, but from what I understand there are alternate routes if the snow is hanging on? Great photos! Thanks!
  5. T

Shafer Trail Moab

That is a fun road. Best part was entering from the top - pretty dramatic for a flatlander like me! Hoping to get back out that way next spring.
  6. T

***New Member Introductions***

Rod here, from River Falls WI. Somewhat east of most of you from what I can tell. I drive a 1970 Bronco with a M416 trailer. Built both myself. The Bronco is a pretty much stock mix of early Bronco parts along with a bit of home fabrication. The trailer is more or less as it left the factory...