overland

Search results

1. P

I70 Tunnel clearance to San Rafael Swell

If we're talking about the Interstate through Utah, if the clearance was below 14 feet, not a single semi would be able to pass. I70 is one of the busiest cross-country traffic routes for trucking in the country. Here's a guide to every structure that gives less than 14'6" clearance in Utah...
  2. P

Death Valley Adventure Route: March 18-25

Amazing trip, and the route was excellent. We started in Denver, and decided that we would start on the northwest side and run the route backwards. I-70 spring break traffic was typical, and it took us about 3 hours longer to get out of Colorado than I would have liked. Found a camping spot...
  3. P

I70 Tunnel clearance to San Rafael Swell

Just drove the entire length of I-70 from Denver through I-15. The lowest clearance I spotted was about 14 1/2 feet in one lane under a bridge. Typical semi tractor trailer height is 13 1/2 feet, so you should have plenty of room on any road a semi can travel.
  4. P

***New Member Introductions***

Thank you so much for the information about Trona Desert trail - I'll definitely take a look. If you don't mind, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any thoughts on whether it makes any difference starting from the north or the south? Coming from Denver, it's about 15 hours to...
  5. P

***New Member Introductions***

Hello! I'm Luc, from Denver CO. My wife and I have done a good amount of camping and offroading, and so combining these into longer trips seems like a win/win. I currently drive an '18 Tacoma with a 3" lift and OME rear spring swapout and a good amount of trail damage protection. We're...