overland

Search results

1. johnlcrain

East Mojave Heritage Trail: Nov 19-23

Ah if only I could find a group with more families, makes them bigger but my 12 years old might enjoy it more. Looking forward to downloading the GPX. We're going to base a trip off of the Kofa in january, 5 rigs. Not sure how much we'll adapt. Probably do a meet up in Swansea and then cut a...
  2. johnlcrain

I've done most of this but rarely use pre-made routes. I never knew there was a loop though. Cool. Will there be gpx file available afterwards? I've never done the piece north of the 15. Guess that's why I signed up on membership of this site :)
  3. johnlcrain

Are these runs that big? I got the impression they were more limited in size. Normally when we do limited runs we cap off at 6 vehicles and it's usually 1 or 2 people per. Meaning 10 or less. 30 would be a nightmare and require a professional chef and kitchen I suspect.. too much like work :)
  4. johnlcrain

For the group trips my group run we typically use Notion and we all pick meals and pre agree on who will bring which gear. Helps share cooking duties and avoids people having to pack cooking gear they won't need. We find it's as easy to cook for 10 as it is for 2 which means we each only have to...
  5. johnlcrain

***New Member Introductions***

Hi Everyone. I'm John. Been doing various offroad stuff since about 2014. Started with vintage motorbikes and racing them in Baja and ended up getting a truck to chase the bikes. Now I mainly go in the truck :) Setup is a 2016 LB Tacoma offroad, lifted with various mods for camping out in the...
  6. johnlcrain

Looks like it's full, I just joined so that's ok. I've run the Mojave half a dozen times and in both directions this should be a fun run. How often do the organized events happen? Maybe I'll sign up for the next one