overland

Recent content by ksuttle

1. ksuttle

Lost Coast 8/15-8/17

Updates for all days have been added above. It was a truly great trip even thought we went through fast. Thanks to OTG for sharing the routes we had not been on before and for the community answers to some of my questions.
  2. ksuttle

Lost Coast 8/15-8/17

UPDATE: Updates for all days have been added. Day 1 - Monday: Tracy, CA to Usal Beach Campground My daughter, Kylie, and I left Tracy around 10:30am headed for Leggett. Traffic was not much of an issue due to it being a weekday. The gas station in Leggett had an old non-digital gas pump and...
  3. ksuttle

Lost Coast - 6/20/22-6/23/22

Awesome - we should get there on a weekday and during daylight this time to see what we prefer. Any pit toilets at that spot?
  4. ksuttle

Lost Coast - 6/20/22-6/23/22

Where are the redwoods at in relation to the beach? It's been years since I last went and we arrived at night.
  5. ksuttle

Smith Etter Road - Lost Coast

Just found the trail status forum. I’ll check there first from now on before posting silly questions 😉
  6. ksuttle

Thanks. I’ll make sure I got the latest. I think I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago.
  7. ksuttle

Does anyone know anything about Smith Etter Road on the Lost Coast? It appears in Gaia as a spur off of Mattole road just after Honeydew Green Bridge on the way to A.W. Way Campground. On the published maps on this site for the Lost Coast it seems to be a high clearance road that gets to...
  8. ksuttle

Lost Coast Trip Report June 14th-17th

Thanks. We've gassed in Legget before but have never gone further north than Shelter Cove (and forgot to look for a gas station when we stopped there lol). My daughter and I are going to be taking a trip up for a college tour at Humboldt State and are planning to go past Shelter Cover. I...
  9. ksuttle

Lost Coast Trip Report June 14th-17th

Is there a gas station in Shelter Cove or is Petrolia the only gas on the route?
  10. ksuttle

***New Member Introductions***

Hi everyone, my name is Kevin and I'm in the Northern California / Central Valley area. I’ve been overlanding on and off since 2009 with my wife and our 3 daughters. We did a lot between 2009 and 2014 including Black Rock Desert, Oregon Discovery Route, Lost Coast, and 3 10-day Easter trips to...