overland

Search results

1. redrockr-8360

San Rafael Slide Show

OTG, if this isn’t allowed, please remove. Here’s a short (4:20) video/slide show of our San Rafael run.
  2. redrockr-8360

San Rafael Swell

A group of friends and I (5 rigs total, all Toyota) went on a route I had worked out many months back. Spectacular. We entered via Black Dragon Canyon and exited at Temple Mountain. Along the way we hit the old swinging bridge, Buckhorn Wash, camped on the edge of The Wedge with its awesome...
  3. redrockr-8360

Eva Conover Road N to S

Hey all, some friends and I (all lifted Tacoma and 4Runner owners) are running a trip through the Swell in September. I'm reading mixed reviews online about the Eva Conover Road, rated from easy to difficult. We plan to enter at the north end and exit the south. Is there anything we should be...
  4. redrockr-8360

Black Dragon Canyon E2W into the Swell

I have a buddy who wants to do the trip with me I have put together for a small group through the San Rafael Swell in September. We all drive Tacos and 4Runners…he drives a stock F150 4x4. Would he be able to make it through Black Dragon Canyon from E to W?
  5. redrockr-8360

San Rafael River crossing in September?

Answered my own question regarding crossing the San Rafael River. Planning a 4-day overland trip through the Swell over Labor Day, mostly following the route on this site. It looks awesome!!
  6. redrockr-8360

San Rafael Adventure Route questions

I downloaded your gpx for the San Rafael Swell, UT adventure. I’m planning a three-four day overland tour of the Swell over Labor Day 2022. It looks awesome! But a a question. How rowdy a ride is this one? I’ll have at least one new guy in the group and I don’t want to lose him off the edge of a...