overland

2018 OSV Sprinter 4x4

BWSmith

Trail Grom
This is my unit. I live in the Salt Lake area, and have spent the last few years exploring routes in Idaho, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada. About 26K miles so far. Only camped at a regular campsite a few times. I usually go out for 4-6 days, more if I'm traveling further than an adjoining state.

Started life as an Outside Van build, had some work done by John down at Agile including suspension, big fuel tank, underside protection and winch. The unit has never failed in the field. I usually travel alone although I'm open to group trips. Byron

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
@BWSmith Byron, glad to see you finally made it on here! Hoping you'll share some of your photos and trip reports from all of your adventures over the past couple of years :)

BWSmith

Trail Grom
Hey Ben. Glad to make an appearance. I'm usually incognito, but I surface from time to time. I'm heading to NoCal tomorrow. Any thoughts on where, of the many places on your site, I should go? I'm thinking up around Shasta and east, although there might be some interesting ways to get there.

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
Hey Ben. Glad to make an appearance. I'm usually incognito, but I surface from time to time. I'm heading to NoCal tomorrow. Any thoughts on where, of the many places on your site, I should go? I'm thinking up around Shasta and east, although there might be some interesting ways to get there.

Can't go wrong up that way, in fact, we were just at the East Fork Trinity River for a quick overnighter. The loop around Mt Shasta is an easy, yet fantastic drive that can be done in a few hours. I'd say hit up Tamarack lake, but I wouldn't recommend a sprinter on that tight jeep track. You might see if you can snag a spot at Gumboot lake, which is definitely possible if it's not a weekend. There are some other nice spots along the east fork of the trinity river, about an hour from the nearest road. Nice and shaded and you likely won't have any neighbors around-- if that's what you're looking for, let me know and I'll shoot you more info over a DM.