overland

Looking for collaborators: Tahoe BDT / Trail Run / dates tbd

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
We have multiple folks who've expressed interest in leading a group along the Tahoe BDT If you're interested in collaborating with a fellow group member, please reply below with your availability, and any other info you'd like to provide.

We recommend running this event June - October, but be sure to check snowpack conditions for anything earlier in the season.

Last edited:

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
I would be interested in helping on this route. Id suggest August or September as the snow pack is likely to be heavy this year.

Keep an eye on snowpack. Currently, the central Sierra is at around 70% for this time of year-- we got a big bump from this last storm as it was only around 50% of normal last week. Given the prevalence of wildfires over the last 5-10 years, I always recommend trying to hit the mountains earlier in the season if you can. If it's an avg snow year, chances are you can do this route the second half of June. Best bet is to see where snowpack sits around April, when the chances of a big storm blowing through decrease rapidly.

rlamisha-7859

Trail Grom
June sounds a bit early for the high Sierras but you may be correct. Being an LA boy I don’t really know the high country that well. In any case i do think we will want to avoid the week around the 4th of July holiday. But late July or August would probably work.

Tobyjefe

Trail Grom
Hey all, I would be interested in helping out anyone that wants to lead a trail run with the hopes that I can gain more experience to eventually run a few moving forward. Hit me up if you need help as I have time to help out. I am located in San Diego area. Cheers!