overland

*** Read this if you want to collaborate with fellow OTG members on an event ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTG Ben

OTG Principal Explorer
Staff member
Admin
If you'd like to collaborate with a fellow OTG member for either a Trail Run or BaseCamp style event, you've come to the right place! We've got a lot of members who are interested in hosting/leading an event, but would feel more comfortable doing with another person. Follow the instructions in this guide to connect with fellow members who are also interested in hosting an event.

Instructions

Step 1
Create a new post (not a reply) in this forum. Your subject line should the following:

Looking to Collaborate: [route/track/area] [type of event] [general time frame]

For the timeframe, you can put a Season (ie Spring 2024), Month, or range of months (Jun - Oct). this indicates when you are available to run the event.
For type of event add either Trail Run or BaseCamp.

--> Do not include multiple TrailRun or BaseCamp events into a single post. It should be correlate to a specific route, trail or venue.

Step 2
Add the details to the body of your post. If you would like run a Trail Run event for an OTG route, be sure to add a link to the route guide page. Be sure to indicate if you would like to do the entire route or only a portion of the route. If you are interested in leading a Trail Run event on a trail or route not featured on OTG, that's totally fine, but please provide some details-- how long, what type of terrain, location, link to relevant information.

Step 3
Be sure to follow your post so you know when someone replies to it. You may consider sending a Direct Message to a respondee if you'd like to continue your convrsation out of public view, or perhaps exchange contact information that you don't want posted to a public forum.

Step 4
If you're ready to proceed with hosting your event, please read the instructions in this post about Submitting an Event to OTG.

Sample Post

Subject: Looking to Collaborate: Owyhee Canyonlands / Trail Run event / Late Summer - Early Fall

Hey folks, I'm looking to collaborate with a fellow OTG member on leading a multi-day trail run event on OTG's Owyhee Discovery Trail in eastern Oregon. I'm not sure I have enough time to do the entire trail, but I'd like to spend 4 days / 3 nights exploring the route. Please post a reply if you'd be interested in collaborating with me on this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.