overland

Tire inflator

Deportes

Trail Grom
The 95 f250 requires the tires to be inflated up to 70 for hi way, what HD inflator you guys reccomend after airing down for sand. Thanks

Emilio and Bobbie

Trail Grom
Several things to consider with any portable compressor include the capacity, measure in cubic feet per minute, the rated duty cycle, the maximum current draw (amps) and the tire size you'll be inflating. These figures determine how quickly you can re-pressurized your tires. The capacity tells you how much air you are pumping into your tire, duty cycle tell you how long you can run the compressor before it has to shut off to cool down, the max amps what current it needs to get it done. A 50% compressor has to cool down for the same amount of time that it ran. A 33% compressor needs to cool down for 2 minutes for each minute it runs. To get the capacity you need to draw a lot of amps from your battery. A compressor that connect through the cigaret lighter adopter is limited by the current (amps) of the plug. The one I've used have alligator clamps that connect directly to the battery to draw more current. Brands that get lots of positive reviews include ARB, Smittybilt and Viair. I currently use a Viair 400P 2.3 CFM, 33% duty cycle and 30 amp max draw, the maximum recommend tire size is 35". I hope this helps.